Sun Gate Tours / Facebook offers premium tour packages for Peru.
With our Peru tour packages, certainly you can get acquainted with the splendid culture, rich history, and awe-inspiring landscapes.
- The Incas were some of the best masons in the world. The structures are well built, through a technique called ashlar (stones that are cut to fit together without mortar) that not even a knife blade can fit in between stones.
- The artifacts. A long-standing dispute between Peru and Yale University has existed over the artifacts collected by Bingham during his exploration of the site. Also, Yale maintains that they own the items while Peru insists they were given on loan.
- The Observatory. Machu Picchu Was an astronomical observatory. Its Sacred Intihuatana stone accurately indicates the two Equinoxes.
- The Structure. Machu Picchu is made up of more than 150 buildings ranging from baths and houses to temples and sanctuaries. The compound contains more than 100 separate flights of stairs. Most of the individual staircases were carved from one slab of stone.
- The Construction. Many of the stones used to build the city were more than 50 pounds. It is believed that no wheels were used to transport these rocks up the mountain. It is thought that hundreds of men pushed the heavy rocks up the steep mountainside.