Sun Gate Tours wants you to enjoy your holiday of a lifetime with complete success. Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below prior to booking a trip.
- THE CONTRACT
The contract is made between Sun Gate Tours (we/us) and the Client, which includes all persons named on the booking form. The person signing the booking form warrants that he/she has full authority on behalf of all the persons whose names appear thereon and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions.
- PRICES & SURCHARGES
Sun Gate Tours reserves the right to increase the tour cost to take into account of the following items: Government action, Currency fluctuations, transportation costs (including the cost of fuel), food increases, airport charges and increase in scheduled air fares or any other increase that is beyond our control. All prices are United States Dollar based.
Should any price increase, Sun Gate Tours will absorb the price increase only if the price increase is less than 4% of the total package price. If the increase is more than 4%, the client will be surcharged 100% of the difference with the original price.
- DEPOSIT REQUIREMENT
- You are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of US$ 250 per person per trip for your booking to be confirmed.
- All flights (domestic and international) must be paid 100% in advance to secure spaces.
- Cruise bookings are subject to special deposit policies depending on the boat.
- If booking is made 60 days or less prior to departure, full payment is due.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING AND FINAL PAYMENTS
If we accept your booking we will issue a confirmation invoice. Please refer to your booking confirmation invoice for details regarding final payments. Payment of the balance of the trip price is due 60 – 50 days before the departure date. If this balance is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
- CLIENT DETAILS
In order for Sun Gate Tours to confirm and guarantee the Client’s travel arrangements the Client must provide all Client Details with their final payment. If the Client does not provide all details 60 days or more before departure, an Administrative Fee will be charged to the Client. In the event where client details have not been received by Sun Gate Tours 30 days prior to the Client’s trip departure, Sun Gate Tours reserves the right to treat the file as cancelled and full cancellation fees will apply. Client Details required will vary tour by tour, and will be advised during the booking process. However, at a minimum Client Details include passport number, passport expiry date, full name as it appears in the passport you are traveling with, date of birth, place of birth, nationality and arrival details (or other documents as requested by Sun Gate Tours). A booking may not be confirmed without provision of Client Details.
- CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
Any cancellation by a Client must be made in writing and be acknowledged by Sun Gate Tours in writing. The date on which the request to cancel is received by Sun Gate Tours or its Travel Consultants will determine the cancellation fees applicable.
- 60 days or more prior to departure, we will retain the deposit.
- 59-31 days; we will retain – 40% of trip cost.
- 30-16 days; we will retain – 70% of trip cost.
- 15 days or less; we will retain – 100% of trip cost.
- Payments or deposit for flights bookings are non-refundable due to airlines.
- In case of postponing the trip, an administration fee of 20% of the trip price will be charged plus the amount already spent on non-refundable subcontracted services. The remaining amount may be used toward future travel with Sun Gate Tours.
- No refund will be made if you voluntary leave a trip for any reason after the trip has begun. Refunds will be at the discretion of Sun Gate Tours, if you are involuntary forced to leave a trip for any reason. No refunds will be made for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals or services no utilized.
- It is strongly recommended that full insurance is taken out, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges.
- CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES BY SUN GATE TOURS
- While Sun Gate Tours will use its best endeavors to operate all tours as advertised, by entering into this contract the Client accepts that it may prove necessary or advisable to vary or modify a tour itinerary or its contents due to prevailing local conditions.
- Due to unforeseen and unusual circumstances beyond the company’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had to be exercised. The company will do its best to minimize the effects of matters outside its control, but cannot accept any liability for these matters which include political disputes, border closures, and refusals of visas, industrial action, delayed flights, unforeseeable climate, strikes, war, civil disturbances, natural disasters, government actions, mechanical failures or any acts of God, among others. Sun Gate Tours reserves the right at any time to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices (including flights, accommodation or other arrangements) and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value and no monetary compensation or money refund; and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes. The client accepts to assume all extra costs derived by any of these factors.
- We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
- PAYMENT METHODS
- Credit Card
We accept VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Diners Club through this payment method we do not charge any commission.
- Wire Transfer
You can directly transfer funds from your own banking account to our banking account. There is a US$ 50 admin fee attached to this account that you need to add onto the amount you are sending. We will send you details of our account upon your confirmation of trip.
Duration of taken to receive transfer: 1 day to 3 days dependent on where you are sending from.
We accept payments through PayPal; by this payment method PayPal charges a commission of 5% and you must pay it. (Example: Initial amount US$ 100 + PayPal 5% charge you must pay US$ 105).
- CHANGES BY THE CLIENT
- For any change by the client to the itinerary after receiving a confirmed Travel Invoice from Sun Gate Tours, a US$ 40 changing fee will be charged plus any costs or charges which are incurred or levied by our suppliers as a result of the amendment. While every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate changes and additional requests, their availability cannot be guaranteed.
- Any change made by the Client must be done within 45 labor days before the trip departure, if not, Sun Gate Tours will reserve the right to accept or decline the modifications suggested according to availability of the tourists companies: lodgings, tour operators and transport.
- The changes in reservations made 44 labor days before the trip departure, will not be accepted.
- Any changes to the original booking must be confirmed by the person signing the booking form.
- SUBSTITUTION OF CLIENT
If any member of your party is prevented from traveling, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another suitable person, provided that written notice is given at least 45 days prior to departure. An administration fee of US$ 50 will be levied plus any costs imposed by Sun Gate Tours suppliers.
For Inca Trail change any information such as dates, name and passport number is not possible after a permit has been processed. A permit is non-transferable/ nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your permit after you have cancelled.
- MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
The Client must notify Sun Gate Tours in writing during the process of booking of any medical conditions, pregnancy, disability or any other mental and or physical condition which may affect fitness to travel and or any medical condition. Failure to notify Sun Gate Tours may result in the Client being refused travel. Failure to notify Sun Gate Tours of any such condition that results in cancellation will have full cancellation fees to the Client. Some trips may be unsuitable for Clients due to age, mobility, disability, pregnancy or physical or mental conditions. It is the Client’s responsibility to check prior to booking. Sun Gate Tours may refuse to carry pregnant women over 24 weeks or Clients with certain conditions. Sun Gate Tours is not required to provide any special facilities unless it has agreed to do so in writing. Sun Gate Tours will do its best to meet Clients special requests including dietary, but such requests do not form part of the Contract and therefore Sun Gate Tours is not liable for not providing these requests. Medical facilities vary from country to country and Sun Gate Tours makes no representations and gives no warranties in relation to the standard of such treatment.
Traveling with Children
Clients aged 18 at date of first travel are viewed as adults. An adult over the age of 18 must accompany every 2 children under the age of 18. The ratio of adults to children traveling together must be one adult per two children and two adults per four children (17 and under). The minimum age for Clients traveling on tours is 12 (for Family designated tours, the minimum age is 5). All enquiries with respect to children are subject to review and approval by Sun Gate Tours that reserves the right to restrict the number of travelers under the age of 18 on tours.
- PASSPORT, VISA AND VACCINATIONS
It is the responsibility of the Client to have in possession of a valid passport and take it during their entire trip to show in the required control places by the destination of visit, visa permits, inoculations and preventive medicines as may be required for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Sun Gate Tours.
- AGE, FITNESS AND PARTICIPATION
- All Clients are expected to satisfy themselves prior to booking that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their choosing. Persons over 60 years of age will be advised to obtain medical evidence of fitness to travel on the chosen itinerary.
- No unaccompanied minors (those under 18 years of age) can be accepted on tours operated by Sun Gate Tours, however older teenagers may be considered provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for them.
- Sun Gate Tours reserves the absolute right to decline a booking at their discretion. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of Sun Gate Tours’ employees, tour leaders and Travel Consultants, while on the tour with Sun Gate Tours.
- If in the opinion of such person the health or conduct of a Client before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the tour. In case of ill health Sun Gate Tours may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the Client.
- LOCAL LAWS
All participants in tours operated by Sun Gate Tours are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so will relieve Sun Gate Tours of all obligations that they may otherwise have under these booking conditions.
- ILLNESS OR DISABILITY
Anyone suffering from illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical condition must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and result in such persons being excluded from the tour in which case all monies paid will be forfeit. If the chosen holiday includes an excursion or transfer by boat of any sort the Client must make it known at the time of booking if he/she is unable to swim. This will not prevent the Client from participating in the tour but will enable Sun Gate Tours to take additional precautions for the Client’s safety at such times as may be appropriate.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE
It is necessary to have a Travel Insurance. Sun Gate Tours strongly recommends having a Travel Insurance to all our travelers. Your travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$ 100,000 for each of the heads of cover. We also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects.
You must provide proof of your travel insurance 15 days before trip departure.
In case you do not consider necessary or do not need travel insurance; you must sign an affidavit stating that you do not need travel insurance and you will be responsible if any inconvenience happen with you during the trip.
- FLIGHT BOOKINGS
- Sun Gate Tours will use its best endeavors to ensure that all flight prices are correct at the time that they are quoted. Airlines reserve the right to amend or withdraw fares without prior notice. Once a deposit is paid on an airfare, it guarantees that a booking is being held for you, it DOES NOT GUARANTEE the fare.
- The fare can only be guaranteed when the flight booking has been paid for in full and a ticket has been issued.
- Flight bookings cannot be transferred. The flight times given by Sun Gate Tours are for general guidance only and are subject to change. Up-to-date flight times will be shown on the tickets.
- The Client must check the tickets very carefully immediately upon receipt of the latest timings. Sun Gate Tours will endeavor to inform the Client as soon as possible in the event of any flight alteration.
- Details of airlines are also subject to change. Such alterations do not constitute a significant change to the trip arrangements and will therefore not be entitled to cancel without paying the normal charges as a result.
- Sun Gate Tours cannot be held responsible for any delay to your flight whether this delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, the action of air traffic controllers, airport authorities or (local) governments, the rescheduling of flight times by the airline, mechanical breakdown, strike, industrial action or any other reason.
- CLIENTS RESPONSIBILITY
- Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of Sun Gate Tour’s employees, tour leaders and Travel Consultants whilst on tour with Sun Gate Tours. If in the opinion of such persons the health or conduct of a client at any time before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safety, comfort or happy progress of a tour, then the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour.
- In the case of ill health, Sun Gate Tours may make arrangements, as it seems fit and recover the costs thereof from the client. If a client commits an illegal act, he/she may be excluded from the tour and Sun Gate Tours shall cease to have responsibility to/for them. If you are affected by a condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect other peoples’ enjoyment or active participation of the tour, you must advise us at the time of booking.
- No refund will be given for any unused services. Clients must be in possession of Passport to show in the control places where they will visit, and are responsible for arranging a valid passport, visa if applicable and any vaccination certificates required for the whole of their journey. Information about these matters or related items (climate, clothing, baggage, etc.) is given in good faith but Sun Gate Tours cannot be held responsible for any of this information.
- SUN GATE TOURS RESPONSIBILITY
- Sun Gate Tours organizes by order and account of our travelers, with their names, transportation, accommodation and other tourist services required, so we are not responsible in case of accidents, loss of personal belonging effects during the outsourcing of services such as: during the services of the Tour Guide, on the bus, in the hotels, in the restaurants, during hiking, in the camping, etc. delays or interference with the tour, due to the strength of the main reasons that we have no direct responsibility.
- Sun Gate Tours are not responsible for sickness, maternity, physical or mental impediments, which may put into risk the health or integrity of the traveler or third parties during the tour. We will not assume any claim or reimbursement due to the above mentioned reasons.
- Sun Gate Tours will not pay compensation if forced to cancel or change your tour because of war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, natural disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, epidemics or health risks, technical or maintenance problems with transport, closed or congested airports or ports, changes imposed by re-scheduling or cancellation of flights by airlines, the alteration of airlines or aircraft types, or similar events beyond the control of Sun Gate Tours.
- Sun Gate Tours will not accept responsibility for changes in flight schedule or departure airport, as this is the responsibility of the airline. However we will Endeavour to minimize their effects on your journey. We cannot accept liability for any delays in any of your flights, whether the cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, rescheduling of the airline, airport authority and/or action by air traffic controllers, mechanical breakdown or industrial action. Where long flight delays result in lost holiday time, no refunds are given by hotels or suppliers. Similarly, airlines do not offer compensation for flight delays. However, at their discretion, carriers will Endeavour to reduce the inconvenience of any delay by providing meals and accommodation, as appropriate for the time of day or night (dependent on local availability). If you incur payments for such services in the event of a delay.
- Sun Gate Tours will not accept responsibility for payment unless we have given our prior consent. We request to inform us previous to the agreement of our services, about any limitation of this nature, in order to recommend special services which contemplate the existing impediments.
- IF THE CLIENT HAS A COMPLAINT?
If the Client has a complaint about any of the tour arrangements he/she must bring it to the attention of the tour leader or other representative of Sun Gate Tours at the time so that they may use their best endeavors to rectify the situation. It is only if Sun Gate Tours is made aware of any problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right. Complaining to Sun Gate Tours as a problem arises during your trip will allow us to remedy the situation or facilitate compensation. Should the problem remain unsolved, a complaint must be made in writing to Sun Gate Tours within 28 days of the completion of the holiday. You can write us to email@example.com or directly to your Travel Consultant.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY
Sun Gate Tours is Tourism Ministry Accredited travel agency in Peru and it is licensed Tour Operator by the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Trade (DIRCETUR) requires full indemnity insurance and full bonding to comply with all laws regarding the international travel business. Our company registration number (RUC) is 20491223147. Sun Gate Tours is Official Licensed Inca Trail Operator.
We are local tour operator with an office in Peru, a company Authorized and Licensed Tour Operator by the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism under Sun Gate Tour Operador SAC; we do not own any vehicles, lodges, hotels, restaurants, etc. Instead, we carefully select the local operators in Lima, Arequipa, Puno, Ica, Amazon, Trujillo, etc. and facilities with whom we want to work, and on whom we can rely, based on our 12 years of experience.
- PHOTOGRAPHY AND TESTIMONIALS
If we secure or take any image of you during the tour, we have the right to use it in our advertising campaigns without any charges. This includes all kinds of promotional material such as slides, video shows, brochures and the Internet. If you have provided us any feedback in writing, then that can also be used for promotional purposes
The company will use the personal information you provide us with for making all travel arrangements. As such, we will have to pass it on to our suppliers and carriers so that we enable operations of the services which you have requested. However, we will endeavor to protect your information, and use it for official purposes only for which it is extremely necessary.
I have taken ample time to read the Booking Terms and Conditions. I have fully understood all the clauses and I provide my complete consent to all of them.
Updated September 10, 2018