911$ per person
More than 1
- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Lares trek is an alternative trek to Machu Picchu for people unable to book the Inca Trail. It also offers the opportunity to learn and experience rural Andean life as the trail passes through mountainous landscape, glacier ponds and genuine textile Quechua communities. Finally we make our way by train to Aguas Calientes where we spend the night in a Hotel; next day we take first bus to Machu Picchu to see the sunrise.
Lares Trek , Machu Picchu , Peru Treks Discover Destinations
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- Accommodation in Hotel with breakfast included
- Accommodation in personal tents (camping)
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transportation
- All transfers airport, train station or bus station transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Train tickets
Price does not include
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Domestic flight tickets
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Guidance in other languages
- International flight tickets
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Sleeping bag
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
- Walking sticks
- The Ultimate Hiking Adventure to a Legendary Lost City.
- Trekking to Machu Picchu citadel through Lares Trek.
- Camp high in the Andean mountains during Lares Trekking.
- Trekking to Machu Picchu, with an overnight in Aguas Calientes.
PRICES PER PERSON (*)
- 1 person = US$ 1,409
- 2 people = US$ 911
- 3 people = US$ 801
- 4 people = US$ 734
- 5 to 6 people = US$ 695
- 7 to 8 people = US$ 643
- More than 9 people = US$ 629
- Prices per person in US dollars.
- The price for one person is based on a single room.
- Prices are based on the number of people traveling together in double, twin or triple room.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TOUR PACKAGE
|Travel style||PRIVATE TOUR|
|Type of activities||Hiking & Trekking, Adventure.|
|Group size||To suit group requirements.|
|Departure dates||Guaranteed departures any day with one person. Departures are available along the year although due to weather conditions, the recommended period for this trek is April to November.|
|Trekking grade||Moderate to strenuous – this trek requires a medium level of fitness. During this trek you will be required to walk up to 5 to 8 hours in one day. Some previous experience is required. Minimum 2 days at altitude recommended.|
|Min age||10+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.|
Private tour means, the tour will run exclusively for you without strangers with private guide, vehicle and driver are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends group.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
Transport to Huaran, Hike to Cancha cancha
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 07:00am after which a private transport will take you on a 1.5 hour journey to Huaran village (2,850mt/9,350ft) situated between Pisaq and Urubamba in the Sacred Valley. Huaran is the place where the Lares trek actually begins. Your horses will be prepared as they will accompany us from this point forward as we start our soft ascend along the small Cancha Cancha
- Day 1 will have you walking for roughly 5 hours and a climb to a hill in the valley, with lush plant life, to reach the 1st campsite in Cancha Cancha (3,800mt/12,467ft) which is a little farming community in the midst of brilliant mountainous scenery.
- As we make camp you can familiarize with the locals and their way of life.
- Overnight in camp.
- Meals Included: Lunch and Dinner.
Hike from Cancha Cancha to Quiswarani
- Once we’re done with the 2nd day’s breakfast the Lares Trek begins, leaving Cancha Cancha behind as we head north east in the valley, seeing some small thatched stone houses along the way. After half an hour we see ourselves following a flat trail.
- After this we begin our 2.5 hour long steep climb to the Pachacuteq Pass (4,400mt/14,436ft). This is the first pass of the trek and provides terrific views of snow-capped Pitusiray and Pachacuteq Lake. After moving on for an hour over a narrow ridge we come across a splendid valley with exotic birds and glacial lakes.
- You might also observe the snowy peaks of Colquecruz, Minas, Sirijuani and other mountains. After having lunch at the pass we begin climbing down towards a delightful little textile community known as Quiswarani (3,700mt/12,139ft). Here we spend the night.
- After lunch we take our private transportation to Ollantaytambo train station. The overland journey will take about 45 minutes then we catch the train to Aguas Calientes (2,000m/6,561ft).
- Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Visit Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
- Breakfast at the hotel; at 06:00am take first bus to Machu Picchu citadel, you will ride a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site (2,430m/7,972ft) and tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site: an unforgettable experience. Your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets.
- Around 07:30am the guided tour begins, your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom.
- From 10:30am to 12:00pm once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the site on your own, relax, or meditate.
- From 12:30pm to 13:30pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
- From 13:30pm to 15:00pm take lunch at local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Ollantaytambo Station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.
More about Lares Trek
More about Machu Picchu
More about Peru Treks