Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do we consider as personal information and why do we have to collect it?
We require you to provide us with the personal information given below if your are intending to use any of our services: name, age, phone number, address, email, evaluations, comments, destination and so on. We need this information so that we can provide services that are tailored to what you require from us. This information is also used to provide you with more information about trips, bookings and any other necessary details. Moreover, this information also assists us in:
• Understanding your needs and determining eligibility for our services
• Giving detailed information about our services or about those partners whom we believe you would be interested in
• Providing you with ongoing services
• Complying with the state laws
• Conducting after-sales marketing
We also believe that you would want us to contact you and provide you with information on new services and benefits that you may find exciting and interesting. We will inform you of all of these on an occasional basis. In fact, we will directly deliver our brochures and marketing material to you through post, telephone or other electronic means. Thus, the personal information which you provide us with can also be used for this purpose.
Please note that we do not collect any information until you provide it to us. Thus, you can visit our website and browse the pages without giving us any details about yourself.
2. How do we acquire your agreement?
We acquire your agreement with the following methods:
• In writing through mail, fax or email
• Verbally which is recorded as a statement in your file along with the date and the initials of the staff member to whom you provided it
• A third party, an example of which would be your travel agent
• Companies which conduct market research and provide data so that we can use their support to enhance and promote our services and products. These include only the ones with which we have a signed contract with.
3. How do we protect your personal details?
We store your personal information in private databases that have been hosted at secure addresses. This prevents unauthorized access. The databases are protected with a number of tools such as passwords, encryptions and firewalls. Please bear in mind that no communications over the Internet is 100% secure, so if this is the means with which you would be providing us with your personal information, then we cannot guarantee security.
We allow only authorized employees to access your personal information. Our staff has already been notified of the procedures and policies which we follow. We prohibit any unauthorized access or disclosure of any information provided to us by our clients. We expect all of our employees to always maintain confidentiality and they are aware of it.
4. How do we share your personal credentials?
We share your personal credentials with our third party suppliers and partners such as guides, travel agents, hotel companies, equipment suppliers, insurance companies, credit processing companies and other related organizations. These may wither be located in Canada or outside and are governed by privacy legislation who are affiliated with us and conduct services with our assent and acknowledgement. You must have already realized that we must provide them with some of your personal details so that your orders and bookings can be facilitated and so that we can provide you with those services which you have requested from us.
Please have assurance that Sun Gate Tours and all of its suppliers, affiliated companies and partners do not sell, trade or lease any details about you or your traveling information with other parties while conducting business. In case, any of the assets which belong to us or to any of you affiliated companies are sold, then your personal information is also automatically sold along with the assets.
If you want any more information about our security and privacy policies, you can contact us at any time which seems suitable to you. You can also send us an email at email@example.com or you can give us a call. Our complete contact details are mentioned at the end of this page.
Last Updated: August 2018