558$ per person
More than 1
- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Hiking to Machu Picchu: two-day Short Inca Trail hike
The Short Inca Trail Tour is the most famous hike in Peru, attracting thousands of enthusiasts each year. The Short Inca Trail is comprised of a 10 kilometer 01-day hike with an overnight accommodation in Aguas Calientes and a sunrise tour of the Iconic Machu Picchu Archaeological site on day 02. It connects with the traditional 4-day route at the inspiring archaeological site of Wiñaywayna. From there we will make our way to the famed Inti Punku also known as Sun Gate. This trek is a wonderful option for those who are short on time or not interested in camping.
- Machu Picchu guided tour and short Inca Trail Hike.
- See the sunrise over Machu Picchu.
- Explore magnificent Machu Picchu, with an overnight in Aguas Calientes.
- Spectacular Day Hike of the Short Inca Trail in the Realm of the Incas.
- Enter Machu Picchu on foot through the glorious Sun Gate.
Inca Trail , Machu Picchu Discover Destinations
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- Accommodation in Hotel with breakfast included
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transportation
- All transfers airport, train station or bus station transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Train tickets
Price does not include
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Domestic flight tickets
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Guidance in other languages
- International flight tickets
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
Trip code: SIT2D01
- Day 1
- Day 2
Inca Trail: Km 104 to Aguas Calientes
- Pick up from your hotel at 05:40am and transfer to Poroy station to catch the train that will take you to KM 104 head of the short Inca Trail where you will meet your guide.
- We start by visiting the Chachabamba archaeological site (2,170m/7,119ft) here you can quickly take in the beautiful fountains as we begin the 5 hour climb to the Inca Trail. This route will have you enjoying the most magnificent views of the great valley and beautiful waterfall which is in the vicinity of the splendid Wiñay Wayna Archaeological Site (2,700m/8,858ft), which means “Forever Young”.
- Upon reaching the Inca Trail we continue through slim paths surrounded by lush vegetation made up of broad-leaf plants and huge ferns. The steep mountain precipice adds to the excitement. All of a sudden the stone threshold of the Inti Punku or Sun Gate (2,670m/8,759 ft) materializes along your path and you face truly memorable scenery; a blend of natural beauty and man’s creativity in the form of the enchanting city of Machu Picchu framed by spiraling canyons and forested peaks. The final 45 minutes are spent walking down the royal flagstone pathway into Machu Picchu’s core.
- The first day ends at a local hostel in Aguas Calientes (2,050m/6,726ft) located at the base of Machu Picchu Mountain, take 30 minutes bus down.
- Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals Included: Box-lunch and Dinner.
Visit Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
- Breakfast at the hotel; at 06:00am take first bus to Machu Picchu citadel, you will ride a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site (2,430m/7,972ft) and tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site: an unforgettable experience. Your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets.
- Around 07:30am the guided tour begins, your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom.
- From 10:30am to 12:00pm once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the site on your own, relax, or meditate.
- From 12:30pm to 13:30pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
- From 13:30pm to 15:00pm take lunch at local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Ollantaytambo Station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.
More about Inca Trail
More about Machu Picchu