TRIP CODE: STM5D02
TYPE SERVICE: Private Service
TYPE ITINERARY: Fixed
ACTIVITIES: Hiking & Trekking, Cultural & History
DESTINATION: Salkantay , Machu Picchu
Trekking to Machu Picchu thought the sacred Mountain of Salkantay
This fantastic Salkantay trekking runs below the sacred Salkantay Mountain, incredibly beautiful and among the highest in the Andes, moving through the communities of Quechua and unknown Inca ruins, and finally arrives at Aguas Calientes on the afternoon of your trip’s fourth day. Climbing down this cloud forest area we come up to the Pass of Patallacta. Here you get great views of Machu Picchu from a different perspective. Salkantay Trekking is open for everyone and is a popular alternative to the trek of Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. This Salkantay Trekking was honorably named one of the 25 Best Treks in the World by the National Geographic Travel Magazine. Don´t hesitate, the trek is of moderate difficulty.
- Exhilarating day hikes and wonderful camping.
- The Ultimate Hiking Adventure to a Legendary Lost City
- Trekking to Salkantay Mountain and visit the Machu Picchu citadel.
- Camp high in the Andean mountains during Salkantay trek.
- Hike in the footsteps of the Incas and visit incredible Machu Picchu.
- Explore magnificent Machu Picchu, with an overnight in Aguas Calientes .