- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Have you ever wanted to venture to a faraway place where you can practically hear the gods rumbling with a thunderclap in the sky? Come to Peru’s sacred mountains to give your mind, body and soul a break from the daily grind. It is hard to go back to the real world once you’ve seen the sun splash its radiance over the Sandstone Mountains in Peru’s Vinicunca region. Seize the chance to journey through an undiscovered terrain full of wild desert landscapes and snow-capped peaks that reach into heaven. As you pass through lush, emerald-colored valleys, you’ll be inspired by views of Ausangate Mountain standing like a god-carved monolith in the distance. Of course, all of this will lead up to the exiting moment when you first spot the colored minerals that formed the painted hills you’re walking through.
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transportation
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Domestic flight tickets
- Guidance in other languages
- International flight tickets
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
- Walking sticks
PRICES PER PERSON (*)
- 1 person = US$ 243
- 2 people = US$ 149
- 3 people = US$ 126
- 4 people = US$ 102
- 5 to 6 people = US$ 96
- 7 to 8 people = US$ 85
- More than 9 people = US$ 79
* Prices per person in US dollars.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TOUR PACKAGE
|Travel style||PRIVATE TOUR|
|Type of activities||Walking, Adventure.|
|Group size||To suit group requirements.|
|Departure dates||Guaranteed departures any day with one person. Departures are available along the year although due to weather conditions, the recommended period for this trek is April to November.|
|Trekking grade||Moderate – you need to be in good health and reasonably fit. A walking day would normally be between 5 to 7 hours long. Some previous experience is required. Minimum 2 days at altitude recommended.|
|Min age||12+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.|
Private tour means, the tour will run exclusively for you without strangers with private guide, vehicle and driver are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends group.
- Day 1
Hike to Rainbow Mountain and Red Valley
- You will be picked up from your Cusco hotel at 06:00am to begin a three-hour drive through the South Valley in a private van. We will stop at the town of Cusipata (3,310m/10,860ft) and take a break for about 15 minutes.
- The drive will conclude at the start of the trail in the village in Phullawasipata (4626m/15,177ft).
- The day begins with a hiking route that follows a small stream. This portion of the hike is a true treat because you will have opportunities to see herds of alpacas and llamas. Get your camera ready because this route provides consistent views of Ausangate Mountain. In addition, you will hike through isolated villages and interact with local residents.
- The hike to Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain (5,030m/16,498ft) will take around two hours. Path is bracketed by uphill terrain with some flat terrain in the middle portion.
- You will have a chance to enjoy some snacks and take a break to soak up panoramic views once the top is reached. The break typically lasts 45 minutes. The hike back down to the trailhead should take between one hour and a half.
- After the amazing view of the landscapes on the top we are going to down to the Red Valley we call it like that for the red color of the mountain soil, they look pretty nice and you will find only a few people, this is a totally different experience.
- This will be around 2 hours walk downhill to arrive again in Phullawasipata where our transportation will be waiting for you to take you to have a comforting lunch.
- After lunch you will take private transportation to Cusco. We will then drive 3 hours back to Cusco. Approximate arrival time to Cusco 18:00pm.
- Meals included: Lunch.