791$ per person
More than 1
- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Visit Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Cusco city in 3 days
This quick trip to Machu Picchu is designed for travelers who come to Peru for business travel, cruise travel, conferences, visiting friends in Lima, etc. initially you had not planned to visit Machu Picchu but want to take the time and make a quick trip to Machu Picchu. Take a trip to the majestic Inca city and explore the ruins of Machu Picchu with this 3-day tour. You can stopover to Cusco and explore the lost ruins of Machu Picchu, which is considered a World Heritage Site by UNESCO that speaks of the glorious past of the Incas.
- Witness the spectacular architecture in the region.
- Observe the historical sites in ancient Cusco, which is Incas ancient capital.
- Take a quick trip to Machu Picchu with Peru Travel specialist.
- Explore the ‘Lost City’ and witness the ruins.
- Have a feel of the historical glory of Machu Picchu.
- Explore the regions of Machu Picchu on board a train.
Cusco , Machu Picchu , Sacred Valley Discover Destinations
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- Accommodation in Hotel with breakfast included
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transportation
- All transfers airport, train station or bus station transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Train tickets
Price does not include
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Domestic flight tickets
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Guidance in other languages
- International flight tickets
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
Trip code: QMP3D01
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
Arrival to Cusco and Sacred Valley (Pisac, Ollantaytambo)
- On arrival in Cusco, assistance at the airport and transport to your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel at 09:00am. We will embark on a journey back in time to the Inca´s Sacred Valley beginning in Pisac, 31 km from Cusco. The ancient Incan archeological site and city is located on the top of a mountain. There you will have the chance to witness the impressive stonemasonry skill of our ancient ancestors.
- Afterward you will go down into the quaint little town and wander through its colorful market where you can buy intricate, beautifully hand crafted products.
- Afterward lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
- Then we will continue to Ollantaytambo, a military, religious, and agricultural center of the Incas located at the top of a mountain. Note: unlike other small towns, this one has maintained its original Incan design including outstanding stone buildings and narrow streets. It was once used as a fortress, administrative and urban center.
- After the tour we will make our way to the Ollantaytambo train station where we will catch the train to Aguas Calientes. Upon arrival, reception and transfer to your hotel.
- Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.
Visit Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
- Breakfast at the hotel; at 06:00am take bus to Machu Picchu citadel, you will ride a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site (2,430m/7,972ft) and tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site: an unforgettable experience. Your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets.
- Around 07:30am the guided tour begins, your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom.
- From 10:30am to 12:30pm once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the site on your own, relax, or meditate.
- From 12:30pm to 13:30pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
- From 13:30pm to 15:00pm take lunch at local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Poroy station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco.
- Overnight at the Hotel in Cusco.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.
City Tour & Archeological ruins
- Breakfast at hotel; pick up from the hotel at 09:00am - Tour begins from Cusco’s Main Square, Plaza de Armas. Includes a visit to Cusco’s cathedral in which you will be able to see the intricate woodwork and colonial paintings that contain detailed Incan iconography.
- After, we will head to the Temple of the Sun (Qorikancha) upon which the Convent of Santo Domingo has been built. Interesting fact: according to a legend, this temple was entirely gold plated which left many conquerors impressed with its magnificence when they came here!
- The tour continues with visits to 4 archeological sites: Sacsayhuaman is an archeological complex, a masterpiece of Incan architecture in which you will see mindboggling huge stone blocks, almost 9 meters in height that are still placed perfectly. Qenqo Temple is a temple dedicated to animal worship. Puca Pucara is another Incan archeological site located on top of a hill, used as a fort and administrative center. Tambomachay, which is also known as the Inca Baths.
- At 15:00pm pick up from the hotel and transfer to Cusco airport; take flight to Lima.
- Meals Included: Breakfast.
More about Cusco
More about Machu Picchu
More about Sacred Valley