- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
The beautiful but lesser known Lares trek starts from Incas’ Sacred Valley and takes an incredible route adorned by mountainous landscape, glacier ponds and genuine textile Quechua communities. Our route takes us through many small village communities that offer a rare and fascinating insight into traditional Andean life. Finally we make our way by train to Aguas Calientes and continue on to Machu Picchu, the legendary Lost City of the Incas. This trekking is open for everyone and is a popular alternative to the trek of Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- Accommodation in Hotel with breakfast included
- Accommodation in personal tents (camping)
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transportation
- All transfers airport, train station or bus station transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Train tickets
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Domestic flight tickets
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Guidance in other languages
- International flight tickets
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Sleeping bag
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
- Walking sticks
- The Ultimate Hiking Adventure to a Legendary Lost City.
- Trekking to Machu Picchu citadel through Lares Trek.
- Camp high in the Andean mountains during Lares Trekking.
- Trekking to Machu Picchu, with an overnight in Aguas Calientes.
PRICES PER PERSON (*)
- 1 person = US$ 1,510
- 2 people = US$ 966
- 3 people = US$ 831
- 4 people = US$ 760
- 5 to 6 people = US$ 709
- 7 to 8 people = US$ 648
- More than 9 people = US$ 621
- Prices per person in US dollars.
- The price for one person is based on a single room.
- Prices are based on the number of people traveling together in double, twin or triple room.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TOUR PACKAGE
|Travel style||PRIVATE TOUR|
|Type of activities||Hiking & Trekking, Local living, Adventure.|
|Group size||To suit group requirements.|
|Departure dates||Guaranteed departures any day with one person. Departures are available along the year although due to weather conditions, the recommended period for this trek is April to November.|
|Trekking grade||Moderate to strenuous – this trek requires a medium level of fitness. During this trek you will be required to walk up to 5 to 8 hours in one day. Some previous experience is required. Minimum 2 days at altitude recommended.|
|Min age||10+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.|
Private tour means, the tour will run exclusively for you without strangers with private guide, vehicle and driver are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends group.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
Transport to Cuncani, Hike to Quiswarani
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 05:00AM after which a private transport will take you on 4 hour journey to Cuncani village (3,750m/12,303ft) a small peasant community where the Lares trek actually begins. Your horses will be prepared as they will accompany us from this point forward as we start our soft ascend along the mountain.
- Day 1 will have you walking for roughly 3 hours and a climb to Huillcaccasa Pass (4,200m/13,779ft) a hill in the valley.
- Then you can descend throw the valley till Quiswarani village (3,700m/12,139ft) for the first campsite, as we make camp you can familiarize with the locals and their way of life.
- Overnight in camp.
- Meals Included: Lunch and Dinner.
Note: On this trek visit the hot springs of Lares not our main goal, time catches up with us otherwise we will pass.
Hike from Quiswarani to Cancha cancha
- Once we’re done with the 2nd day’s breakfast the Lares Trek begins, leaving Quiswarani for an hour the lake of Qoyalay by a gentle uphill.
- The way to the high pass starting here for about 3 hours until the Pachacuteq Pass (4,400m/14,436ft), where we can take a nice pictures of the snow pick of Pitusiray and Chicon.
- After, we take downhill until Accopata for our lunch 4100m/13,451ft. on the base of Pitusiray snow mountain.
- Our next trek is approximately 2 hours downhill by the trail we should take a nice meeting time with the local people, who are they offering for us their textile handicrafts.
- We will arrive Cancha cancha (3,800m/12,467ft) a small peasant community, as we make camp you can familiarize with the locals and their way of life.
- Overnight in camp.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Hike to Huaran | Train to Aguas Calientes
- The Lares Trekking continues on the 3rd day after breakfast, this is our minimum trek downhill from Cancha cancha, seeing some small thatched stone houses along the way.
- Almost to the tropical forest we continue by an ancestral trail with lush plant life, and biodiversity of bird.
- The rout take us untill Huaran village (2,850m/9,350ft) situated between Pisaq and Urubamba in the Sacred Valley.
- Here, we will eat our final lunch with our horsemen and tell them goodbye.
- After lunch we take our private transportation to Ollantaytambo train station. The overland journey will take about 45 minutes then we catch the train to Aguas Calientes (2,000m/6,561ft). At the Aguas Calientes Hotel, dinner and a comfortable bed will await us.
- Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Visit Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
- Breakfast at the hotel; at 06:00am take first bus to Machu Picchu citadel, you will ride a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site (2,430m/7,972ft) and tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site: an unforgettable experience. Your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets.
- Around 07:30am the guided tour begins, your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom.
- From 10:30am to 12:00pm once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the site on your own, relax, or meditate.
- From 12:30pm to 13:30pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
- From 13:30pm to 15:00pm take lunch at local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Ollantaytambo Station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.