- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
The beautiful but lesser known Lares trek starts from Incas’ Sacred Valley and takes an incredible route adorned by mountainous landscape, glacier ponds and genuine textile Quechua communities. Our route takes us through many small village communities that offer a rare and fascinating insight into traditional Andean life. Finally we take the short version of the famous and amazing Inca Trail, We started our adventure at kilometer 104 to walk all day until arriving at approximately 4pm to the town of Aguas Calientes, where a comfortable and clean hotel awaits us. The next day, very early, we will climb to the citadel on the first bus and we will have a guided tour for a couple of hours in this fascinating place, Machu Picchu Wonder of the World.
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- Accommodation in Hotel with breakfast included
- Accommodation in personal tents (camping)
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transportation
- All transfers airport, train station or bus station transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Train tickets
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Domestic flight tickets
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Guidance in other languages
- International flight tickets
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Sleeping bag
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
- Walking sticks
- The Ultimate Hiking Adventure to a Legendary Lost City throught the Lares Valley
- Trekking to Machu Picchu citadel through Lares Valley and amazing landscapes.
- Camp high in the Andean mountains during Lares Trek.
- Spectacular Day Hike of the Short Inca Trail in the Realm of the Incas.
- Expert guide to get to know every nook and cranny of Machu Picchu!
PRICES PER PERSON (*)
- 1 person = US$ 1,718
- 2 people = US$ 1,107
- 3 people = US$ 979
- 4 people = US$ 895
- 5 to 6 people = US$ 847
- 7 to 8 people = US$ 808
- More than 9 people = US$ 784
- Prices per person in US dollars.
- The price for one person is based on a single room.
- Prices are based on the number of people traveling together in double, twin or triple room.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TOUR PACKAGE
|Travel style||PRIVATE TOUR|
|Type of activities||Hiking & Trekking|
|Group size||To suit group requirements.|
|Departure dates||Daily departures are available along the year. Exception: one-month closing period of all Inca Trail routes in February. All Inca Trail departures are subject to government space availability.|
|Trekking grade||Moderate – you need to be in good health and reasonably fit. A walking day would normally be between 5 to 7 hours long. Some previous experience is required.|
|Min age||10+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.|
Private tour means, the tour will run exclusively for you without strangers with private guide, vehicle and driver are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends group.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
Transport to Huaran, Hike to Canchacancha
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 07:00am after which a private transport will take you on a 1.5 hour journey to Huaran village (2,850mt/9,350ft) situated between Pisaq and Urubamba in the Sacred Valley. Huaran is the place where the Lares trek actually begins. Your horses will be prepared as they will accompany us from this point forward as we start our soft ascend along the small Cancha Cancha
- Day 1 will have you walking for roughly 5 hours and a climb to a hill in the valley, with lush plant life, to reach the 1st campsite in Cancha Cancha (3,800mt/12,467ft) which is a little farming community in the midst of brilliant mountainous scenery.
- As we make camp you can familiarize with the locals and their way of life.
- Overnight in camp.
- Meals Included: Lunch and Dinner.
Hike from Cancha Cancha to Quiswarani – Transfer to Ollantaytambo
- Once we’re done with the 2nd day’s breakfast the Lares Trek begins, leaving Cancha Cancha behind as we head north east in the valley, seeing some small thatched stone houses along the way. After half an hour we see ourselves following a flat trail.
- After this we begin our 2.5 hour long steep climb to the Pachacuteq Pass (4,400mt/14,436ft). This is the first pass of the trek and provides terrific views of snow-capped Pitusiray and Pachacuteq Lake. After moving on for an hour over a narrow ridge we come across a splendid valley with exotic birds and glacial lakes.
- You might also observe the snowy peaks of Colquecruz, Minas, Sirijuani and other mountains. After having lunch at the pass we begin climbing down towards a delightful little textile community known as Quiswarani (3,700mt/12,139ft).
- After lunch we take our private transportation to Ollantaytambo where dinner and a comfortable bed will await us.
- Overnight at the Hotel in Ollantaytambo.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Inca Trail: Km 104 – Wiñayhuayna – Sun Gate - Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast at Hotel; at 07:00am you have to move to Ollantaytambo to catch the train that will take you to KM 104 head of the short Inca Trail where you will meet your guide.
- We start by visiting the Chachabamba archaeological site (2,170m/7,119ft) here you can quickly take in the beautiful fountains as we begin the 5 hour climb to the Inca Trail. This route will have you enjoying the most magnificent views of the great valley and beautiful waterfall which is in the vicinity of the splendid Wiñayhuayna Archaeological Site (2,700m/8,858ft), which means “Forever Young”.
- Upon reaching the Inca Trail we continue through slim paths surrounded by lush vegetation made up of broad-leaf plants and huge ferns. The steep mountain precipice adds to the excitement. All of a sudden the stone threshold of the Inti Punku or Sun Gate (2,670m/8,759 ft) materializes along your path and you face truly memorable scenery; a blend of natural beauty and man’s creativity in the form of the enchanting city of Machu Picchu framed by spiraling canyons and forested peaks. The final 45 minutes are spent walking down the royal flagstone pathway into Machu Picchu’s core.
- The first day ends at a local hostel in Aguas Calientes (2,050m/6,726ft) located at the base of Machu Picchu Mountain, take 30 minutes bus down.
- Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Box-lunch, Dinner.
Visit Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
- Breakfast at the hotel; at 06:00am take first bus to Machu Picchu citadel, you will ride a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site (2,430m/7,972ft) and tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site: an unforgettable experience. Your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets.
- Around 07:30am the guided tour begins, your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom.
- From 10:30am to 12:00pm once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the site on your own, relax, or meditate.
- From 12:30pm to 13:30pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
- From 13:30pm to 15:00pm take lunch at local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Ollantaytambo Station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.