- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
"Availability Inca Trail 2021"
The government has announced the reservation of spaces for the Inca Trail begins on October 1, 2021; reservations will be made from January to December 2022. The high season is the months of April, May, June, August and September, these months the spaces are sold very quickly; that’s mean available spaces may disappear in hours. If you really want to do the Inca Trail on 2022 you must book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
This 33-km hiking combines the visit of mysterious archaeological sites, amazing mountain scenery and lush cloud forest rich in Andean flora and fauna, ending in the Sacred Inca City of Machu Picchu. This 3-day itinerary is an excellent alternative for fit hardcore trekkers having less time in their visit as it covers the same route as the classical 4-day version but just in 3 days.
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- Accommodation in personal tents (camping)
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transportation
- All transfers airport, train station or bus station transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Train tickets
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Domestic flight tickets
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Guidance in other languages
- International flight tickets
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Sleeping bag
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
- Walking sticks
- The Ultimate Trekking Adventure to the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
- One of the most spectacular tours Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and the best package that Sun Gate Tours offers.
- Hike to the ancient ruins through the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu; you can proceed further and go to Machu Picchu if you wish.
- Increase your fun by camping along the ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Camping services are also offered on the Andean mountains as near to the top as you like.
- Step into Machu Picchu via the beautiful Sun Gate.
PRICES PER PERSON (*)
- 1 person = US$ 1,708
- 2 people = US$ 1,024
- 3 people = US$ 915
- 4 people = US$ 816
- 5 to 6 people = US$ 752
- 7 to 8 people = US$ 706
- More than 9 people = US$ 702
* Price based on 02 people sharing one tent.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TOUR PACKAGE
|Travel style||PRIVATE TOUR|
|Type of activities||Trekking, Adventure.|
|Group size||To suit group requirements.|
|Trekking grade||Challenging – you have to be a good level of fitness and are looking for a physically challenging holiday. A walking day would normally be between 7 to 8 hours long. Previous experience is essential. Minimum 2 days at altitude recommended.|
|Departure dates||Daily departures are available along the year. Exception: one-month closing period of all Inca Trail routes in February. All Inca Trail departures are subject to government space availability.|
|Min age||18+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.|
Private tour means, the tour will run exclusively for you without strangers with private guide, vehicle and driver are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends group.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
Transfer to Km 82, Hike to Llulluchapampa
- Pick up from the hotel at 05:00am which will drive us to Piscacucho, Km 82 (2,850m/9,350ft) the starting point of the Inca Trail.
- We begin our trek of the Inca Trail by crossing the suspended bridge over the Urubamba River. We then hike on the shore, left of the Urubamba River as it runs northwest towards the Sacred Valley. We will continue on a flat surface to Miskay. As we continue on we will have the opportunity for an aerial panoramic view the inspiring Inca City of Llactapata from a vista adjacent to these amazing Ruins.
- Resuming our trek through the valley, carved out by River Kusichaca, we will begin our ascent for around 4 hours until we arrive at the archaeological site of Huayllabamba (3,000m/9,840ft) where we will have lunch. Throughout the journey we will enjoy the extravagant sights of the fantastic Vilcanota ridge which is located on the far side of Urubamba River.
- After lunch we leave Huayllabamba behind to begin the most difficult part of the trek, which consists of an abrupt and steep ascent that stretches for 9 km and reaches the first mountain pass in the Inca Trail, the Abra Warmihuañusca (Dead Woman’s pass). We only climb half way up the pass, stopping at Llulluchapampa (3,850m/12,631ft), where we camp and spend the night. Along the climb, the landscape changes from sierra to puna, having the chance to spot domesticated llamas and alpacas grazing on ichu, one of the few plants that grow at that altitude. We also cross an area of the so called cloud forest, which is the habitat for many different kinds of birds like hummingbirds and sparrows and the Andean bear, which is also called the Spectacled Bear.
- Overnight in camp.
- Meals Included: Lunch and Dinner.
Hike from Llulluchapampa to Phuyupatamarca
- After breakfast we will begin our demanding day with a sharp climb to the Warmiwañusca Pass, also called the Dead Woman´s Pass (4,200m/13,776ft). Along this path, the surroundings begin to transform to a mountainous terrain where we may see local alpacas and llamas grazing on the Ichu grass.
- We will continue downhill from here using a winding path that bypasses a valley. We will also go by an area known as the cloud forest, a habitat for various species of birds such as sparrows, hummingbirds and also the Andean bear better known as the Spectacled Bear. We will descend into the valley of Paqaymayu (3,500m/11,480ft), from which we then start to climb to the second pass, the Runkurakay Pass (3,955m/12,975ft).
- Midway along the Inca trail, you will come upon the remains of Runkurakay, a semi-circular Inca domicile overlooking the Paqaymayu valley. After a short visit we make our way into the Cloud Forest to the Archaeological site of Sayacmarca where you will have a chance to explore. Continuing the hike we will approach the third mountain pass at Abra Phuyupatamarca and descend to the archaeological site of Phuyupatamarca (3600m/11811ft), also known as “The Town in the Clouds" from above, one can observe a sophisticated sacred complex made up of water fountains with solid foundations.
- We set our camp in Phuyupatamarca and spend the night there.
- Overnight in camp.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Hike to Sun Gate, Visit Machu Picchu Sanctuary & Back to Cusco
- At 04:00am we will continue our hike, we might have the chance to appreciate one of the most spectacular sunrises in the Inca Trail, provided the sky is clear, as Phuyupatamarca’s location offers awesome views at this moment of the day.
- We will make our way down a long stone stair case that will lead us to Wiñayhuayna (2,700m/8,858ft), an inspiring Inca center consisting of a thriving agricultural complex, an urban sector and a religious hub. We leave Wiñayhuayna to hike to Inti Punku or Sun Gate (2,670m/8,759ft) materializes along your path and you face truly memorable scenery; a blend of natural beauty and man’s creativity in the form of the enchanting city of Machu Picchu framed by spiraling canyons and forested peaks.
- At this point we move downhill towards Machu Picchu (2,430m/7,972ft), after a period of 40 minutes we will enter the citadel through the “House of the Guardians”.
- We then proceed to the control point where we register and leave our belongings.
- Around 10:00am the guided tour begins, your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom.
- Once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the site on your own, relax, or meditate.
- From 13:30 to 14:00pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
- From 14:00pm to 15:30pm take lunch at local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Ollantaytambo Station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.