TRIP CODE: IQM4D01
TYPE SERVICE: Private Service
TYPE ITINERARY: Fixed
ACTIVITIES: Hiking & Trekking, Cultural & History
DESTINATION: Cachiccata, Ollantaytambo, Machu Picchu
Inca Quarry Trek is one of the newest trekking in Cusco
Based around the area around Ollantaytambo, the Inca Quarry trek takes you on a journey past high waterfalls, Inca ruins and stunning scenery. The overall distance hiked on this trek is 27 km the maximum altitude reached is 4,420 meters above sea level. As permits are not required for this trek, there are no restrictions as when you book your trip. Freedom is best, right?
The hike will arrive to the Incan Ollantaytambo archeological village and ruins, where you will catch the train to Machu Picchu. On the last day you will visit the mysterious ¨Lost City of the Incas¨, better known as Machu Picchu. The undeniable benefits are its safety, the breath-taking scenery, as well as the opportunity to interact with local communities and to visit smaller and less known Inca archaeological sites.
- Crash course in Quechua and the opportunity to practice!
- Waterfall at the top of the valley.
- Opportunity to visit less-known ancient Incan sites.
- Cachiccata- once used as an ancient Incan quarry.
- Expert guide to get to know every nook and cranny of Machu Picchu!