- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Superb short Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu “small Cusco”
This Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu takes you through diverse terrain, from high altitude savannah to fertile agricultural fields of corn and potato. A fantastic full day hike in the surroundings of Cusco, departing close from Chinchero, following through a mountain pass and finally reaching Huchuy Qosqo, an ancient Inca archaeological site perched on a cliff with stunning views over the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Huchuy Qosqo (small Cusco) is situated above the Valley of Urubamba and offers very spectacular views over the mountain range Cordillera de Vilcanota ending in Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- Accommodation in Hotel with breakfast included
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transportation
- All transfers airport, train station or bus station transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Train tickets
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Domestic flight tickets
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Guidance in other languages
- International flight tickets
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
- Exhilarating day hikes and wonderful camping.
- Visit archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo.
- Huchuy Qosqo Trek through the amazing mountain scenery.
- Trek in the footsteps of the Incas and visit incredible Machu Picchu.
- Explore magnificent Machu Picchu, with an overnight in Aguas Calientes.
PRICES PER PERSON (*)
- 1 person = US$ 835
- 2 people = US$ 640
- 3 people = US$ 577
- 4 people = US$ 535
- 5 to 6 people = US$ 520
- 7 to 8 people = US$ 502
- More than 9 people = US$ 491
- Prices per person in US dollars.
- The price for one person is based on a single room.
- Prices are based on the number of people traveling together in double, twin or triple room.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TOUR PACKAGE
|Travel style||PRIVATE TOUR|
|Type of activities||Walking, Cultural, Adventure.|
|Group size||To suit group requirements.|
|Departure dates||Guaranteed departures any day with one person. Departures are available along the year although due to weather conditions, the recommended period for this trek is April to November.|
|Trekking grade||Moderate – you need to be in good health and reasonably fit. A walking day would normally be between 5 to 7 hours long. Some previous experience is required.|
|Min age||10+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.|
Private tour means, the tour will run exclusively for you without strangers with private guide, vehicle and driver are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends group.
- Day 1
- Day 2
Transport to Patabamba, Hike to Huchuy Qosqo || Train to Aguas Calientes
- Pick up from your Hotel at 07:00am begin your journey by transferring from your hotel to the small village of Patabamba (3,850m/12,631ft), a small Andean community that is the starting point of our hike. We start hiking uphill amidst beautiful mountain scenery.
- As you ascend towards the pass (4,110m/13,484ft), the landscape begins to change dramatically to Andean Puna, with scant vegetation such as “ichu”; from which you enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota River, and the snow-capped mountains.
- Descend to the village of Siwa (3,900m/12,795ft); then we will continue to the archaeological remains of Pucamarca and enter the Leon Punku Canyon, where we will follow the vestiges of an Incan trail that leads to the archeological site of Huchuy Qosqo (3,700m/12,139ft).
- Inside of the canyon we will also see the foundation of an Incan bridge. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river. Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a large open ceremonial center.
- After guided tour begin your descent to the village of Lamay (2900m/9514ft) where our private vehicle and transfer to Ollantaytambo train station, from where we catch the train to Aguas Calientes. Upon our arrival to Aguas Calientes you are transferred to your hotel.
- Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals Included: Box-lunch, Dinner
Visit Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
- Breakfast at the hotel; at 06:00am take first bus to Machu Picchu citadel, you will ride a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site (2,430m/7,972ft) and tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site: an unforgettable experience. Your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets.
- Around 07:30am the guided tour begins, your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom.
- From 10:30am to 12:00pm once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the site on your own, relax, or meditate.
- From 12:30pm to 13:30pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
- From 13:30pm to 15:00pm take lunch at local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Ollantaytambo Station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.