- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Hike to Huchuy Qosqo and Short Inca Trail
For people who do not want to miss this magnificent and unique trek. This tour combines experiential tourism with a visit to the archaeological center of Huchuy Qosqo. We will hike through beautiful landscapes and visiting lagoons and interacting with people who are engaged in homestay, demonstration of dyeing and weaving of the Andes with natural products directed by the community of Taucca. Then take the short version of the famous and amazing Inca Trail, We started our adventure at kilometer 104 to walk all day until arriving at approximately 4pm to the town of Aguas Calientes, where a comfortable and clean hotel awaits us. The next day, very early, we will climb to the citadel on the first bus and we will have a guided tour for a couple of hours in this fascinating place, Machu Picchu Wonder of the World.
- Exhilarating day hikes and wonderful homestay experience.
- Visit archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo.
- Opportunity to visit less-known ancient Incan sites.
- Spectacular Day Hike of the Short Inca Trail in the Realm of the Incas.
- Expert guide to get to know every nook and cranny of Machu Picchu!
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- Accommodation in Hotel with breakfast included
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transportation
- All transfers airport, train station or bus station transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Train tickets
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Domestic flight tickets
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Guidance in other languages
- International flight tickets
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
- Walking sticks
Trip code: HIT4D01
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
Transport to Patabamba, Hike to Huchuy Qosqo (Homestay)
- Pick up from your Hotel at 06:00am begin your journey by transferring from your hotel to the small village of Patabamba (3,850m/12,631ft), a small Andean community that is the starting point of our hike. We start hiking uphill amidst beautiful mountain scenery.
- As you ascend towards the pass (4,110m/13,484ft), the landscape begins to change dramatically to Andean Puna, with scant vegetation such as “ichu”; from which you enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota River, and the snow-capped mountains.
- Descend to the village of Siwa (3,900m/12,795ft); then we will continue to the archaeological remains of Pucamarca and enter the Leon Punku Canyon, where we will follow the vestiges of an Incan trail that leads to the archeological site of Huchuy Qosqo (3,700m/12,139ft).
- Inside of the canyon we will also see the foundation of an Incan bridge. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river. Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a large open ceremonial center.
- Living Tourism in Qosqo Huchuy - Homestay; we have the opportunity to share, live together and stay in the house of a local family. Travelers participate in daily activities with the host family, learning about their work and their traditions. Dinner is prepared by the family also they will provide us clean and comfortable bedrooms with toilet facilities.
- Overnight at Local Family House (Homestay).
- Meals Included: Box-lunch, Dinner.
Hike to Chinchero and Experience of Rural Tourism
- We will wake up and enjoy a breakfast provided by the local family. After eating we visit again the Ancient Incan ruins of Huchuy Qosqo (“Little Cusco” in Quechua).
- We'll start to walk though Huchuy Qosqo, taking the Inca trail and ascend to Huallata Pass (4,350m/14,272ft) before arriving at Chinchero. Huchuy Qosqo to Huallata pass it will take approx 3 hours and the descent from the pass to Taucca will take 2 ½ hours where we finish our hike. From this part you have exceptional views of the valley and its surrounding mountains; you will continue your walk to reach the town of Taucca (3,850m/12,631ft).
- Experience of rural tourism and lunch with the residents of Taucca; we have the opportunity to visit the community of Taucca populated by 20 families and located at an elevation of 3,700 meters. From that height, you will have a most incredible view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the surrounding landscape, and snowcapped mountains.
- The villagers will share with you their traditional Andean way of life through different activities you can engage in, like weaving demonstrations, plowing with Andean tools, etc. In addition, you will see them spin and dye wool thread using natural dyes as well as weave fabric following their ancient techniques. Finally you enjoy a traditional lunch made by the community women from ingredients organically grown in their fields.
- After lunch our private transport drives us to Ollantaytambo, where we spend the night.
- Overnight at the Hotel in Ollantaytambo.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Inca Trail: Km 104 – Wiñayhuayna – Sun Gate - Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast at Hotel; at 07:00am you have to move to Ollantaytambo to catch the train that will take you to KM 104 head of the short Inca Trail where you will meet your guide.
- We start by visiting the Chachabamba archaeological site (2,170m/7,119ft) here you can quickly take in the beautiful fountains as we begin the 5 hour climb to the Inca Trail. This route will have you enjoying the most magnificent views of the great valley and beautiful waterfall which is in the vicinity of the splendid Wiñayhuayna Archaeological Site (2,700m/8,858ft), which means “Forever Young”.
- Upon reaching the Inca Trail we continue through slim paths surrounded by lush vegetation made up of broad-leaf plants and huge ferns. The steep mountain precipice adds to the excitement. All of a sudden the stone threshold of the Inti Punku or Sun Gate (2,670m/8,759 ft) materializes along your path and you face truly memorable scenery; a blend of natural beauty and man’s creativity in the form of the enchanting city of Machu Picchu framed by spiraling canyons and forested peaks. The final 45 minutes are spent walking down the royal flagstone pathway into Machu Picchu’s core.
- The first day ends at a local hostel in Aguas Calientes (2,050m/6,726ft) located at the base of Machu Picchu Mountain, take 30 minutes bus down.
- Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Box-lunch, Dinner.
Visit Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
- Breakfast at the hotel; at 06:00am take first bus to Machu Picchu citadel, you will ride a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site (2,430m/7,972ft) and tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site: an unforgettable experience. Your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets.
- Around 07:30am the guided tour begins, your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom.
- From 10:30am to 12:30pm once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the site on your own, relax, or meditate.
- From 12:30pm to 13:30pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
- From 13:30pm to 15:00pm take lunch at local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Poroy station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.