- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Community-based tourism is an innovative form of sustainable tourism in Peru providing tourists with the opportunity to open their horizons and experience different ways of life. This Huchuy Qosqo Hike program you will live together with typical Andean families, they open their homes to visitors, showing their unique way of life. Rural homestay accommodation is provided near Inca site called Huchuy Qosqo or “Little Cusco”, where the views are superb and where you can enjoy a traditional Andean dinner. You can relax under the starry sky and truly become part of the rural Andean lifestyle for a night.
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transportation
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Domestic flight tickets
- Guidance in other languages
- International flight tickets
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
- Walking sticks
- Exhilarating day hikes and wonderful homestay experience.
- Visit archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo.
- Hiking through the amazing mountain scenery.
PRICES PER PERSON (*)
- 1 person = US$ 454
- 2 people = US$ 319
- 3 people = US$ 251
- 4 people = US$ 214
- 5 to 6 people = US$ 202
- 7 to 8 people = US$ 185
- More than 9 people = US$ 175
* Prices per person in US dollars.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TOUR PACKAGE
|Travel style||PRIVATE TOUR|
|Type of activities||Walking, Local Living, Adventure.|
|Group size||To suit group requirements.|
|Departure dates||Guaranteed departures any day with one person. Departures are available along the year although due to weather conditions, the recommended period for this trek is April to November.|
|Trekking grade||Moderate – you need to be in good health and reasonably fit. A walking day would normally be between 5 to 7 hours long. Some previous experience is required.|
|Min age||10+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.|
Private tour means, the tour will run exclusively for you without strangers with private guide, vehicle and driver are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends group.
- Day 1
- Day 2
Transport to Patabamba, Hike to Huchuy Qosqo (Homestay)
- Pick up from your Hotel at 06:00am begin your journey by transferring from your hotel to the small village of Patabamba (3,850m/12,631ft), a small Andean community that is the starting point of our hike. We start hiking uphill amidst beautiful mountain scenery.
- As you ascend towards the pass (4,110m/13,484ft), the landscape begins to change dramatically to Andean Puna, with scant vegetation such as “ichu”; from which you enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota River, and the snow-capped mountains.
- Descend to the village of Siwa (3,900m/12,795ft); then we will continue to the archaeological remains of Pucamarca and enter the Leon Punku Canyon, where we will follow the vestiges of an Incan trail that leads to the archeological site of Huchuy Qosqo (3,700m/12,139ft).
- Inside of the canyon we will also see the foundation of an Incan bridge. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river. Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a large open ceremonial center.
- Living Tourism in Qosqo Huchuy - Homestay; we have the opportunity to share, live together and stay in the house of a local family. Travelers participate in daily activities with the host family, learning about their work and their traditions. Dinner is prepared by the family also they will provide us clean and comfortable bedrooms with toilet facilities.
- Overnight at Local Family House (Homestay).
- Meals Included: Box-lunch, Dinner.
Hike to Chinchero and Experience of Rural Tourism
- We will wake up and enjoy a breakfast provided by the local family. After eating we visit again the Ancient Incan ruins of Huchuy Qosqo (“Little Cusco” in Quechua).
- We'll start to walk though Huchuy Qosqo, taking the Inca trail and ascend to Huallata Pass (4,350m/14,272ft) before arriving at Chinchero. Huchuy Qosqo to Huallata pass it will take approx 3 hours and the descent from the pass to Taucca will take 2 ½ hours where we finish our hike. From this part you have exceptional views of the valley and its surrounding mountains; you will continue your walk to reach the town of Taucca (3,850m/12,631ft).
- Experience of rural tourism and lunch with the residents of Taucca; we have the opportunity to visit the community of Taucca populated by 20 families and located at an elevation of 3,700 meters. From that height, you will have a most incredible view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the surrounding landscape, and snowcapped mountains.
- The villagers will share with you their traditional Andean way of life through different activities you can engage in, like weaving demonstrations, plowing with Andean tools, etc. In addition, you will see them spin and dye wool thread using natural dyes as well as weave fabric following their ancient techniques. Finally you enjoy a traditional lunch made by the community women from ingredients organically grown in their fields.
- After lunch our private transport drives us to Cusco city or Ollantaytambo train station.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.