796$ per person
More than 1
- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Huchuy Qosqo Hike and Rural Tourism with Homestay
Community-based tourism is an innovative form of sustainable tourism in Peru providing tourists with the opportunity to open their horizons and experience different ways of life. This Huchuy Qosqo Hike program you will live together with typical Andean families, they open their homes to visitors, showing their unique way of life. Rural homestay accommodation is provided near Inca site called Huchuy Qosqo or “Little Cusco”, where the views are superb and where you can enjoy a traditional Andean dinner. You can relax under the starry sky and truly become part of the rural Andean lifestyle for a night.
- Exhilarating day hikes and wonderful homestay experience.
- Visit archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo.
- Hiking through the amazing mountain scenery.
- Hike in the footsteps of the Incas and visit incredible Machu Picchu.
- Explore magnificent Machu Picchu, with an overnight in Aguas Calientes.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek , Machu Picchu , Peru Treks Discover Destinations
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- Accommodation in Hotel with breakfast included
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transportation
- All transfers airport, train station or bus station transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Train tickets
Price does not include
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Domestic flight tickets
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Guidance in other languages
- International flight tickets
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
Trip code: HQM3D01
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
Transport to Patabamba, Hike to Huchuy Qosqo (Homestay)
- Pick up from your Hotel at 06:00am begin your journey by transferring from your hotel to the small village of Patabamba (3,850m/12,631ft), a small Andean community that is the starting point of our hike. We start hiking uphill amidst beautiful mountain scenery.
- As you ascend towards the pass (4,110m/13,484ft), the landscape begins to change dramatically to Andean Puna, with scant vegetation such as “ichu”; from which you enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota River, and the snow-capped mountains.
- Descend to the village of Siwa (3,900m/12,795ft); then we will continue to the archaeological remains of Pucamarca and enter the Leon Punku Canyon, where we will follow the vestiges of an Incan trail that leads to the archeological site of Huchuy Qosqo (3,700m/12,139ft).
- Inside of the canyon we will also see the foundation of an Incan bridge. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river. Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a large open ceremonial center.
- Living Tourism in Qosqo Huchuy - Homestay; we have the opportunity to share, live together and stay in the house of a local family. Travelers participate in daily activities with the host family, learning about their work and their traditions. Dinner is prepared by the family also they will provide us clean and comfortable bedrooms with toilet facilities.
- Overnight at Local Family House (Homestay).
- Meals Included: Box-lunch, Dinner.
Hike to Chinchero and Experience of Rural Tourism || Train to Aguas Calientes
- We will wake up and enjoy a breakfast provided by the local family. After eating we visit again the Ancient Incan ruins of Huchuy Qosqo (“Little Cusco” in Quechua).
- We'll start to walk though Huchuy Qosqo, taking the Inca trail and ascend to Huallata Pass (4,350m/14,272ft) before arriving at Chinchero. Huchuy Qosqo to Huallata pass it will take approx 3 hours and the descent from the pass to Taucca will take 2 ½ hours where we finish our hike. From this part you have exceptional views of the valley and its surrounding mountains; you will continue your walk to reach the town of Taucca (3,850m/12,631ft).
- Experience of rural tourism and lunch with the residents of Taucca; we have the opportunity to visit the community of Taucca populated by 20 families and located at an elevation of 3,700 meters. From that height, you will have a most incredible view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the surrounding landscape, and snowcapped mountains.
- The villagers will share with you their traditional Andean way of life through different activities you can engage in, like weaving demonstrations, plowing with Andean tools, etc. In addition, you will see them spin and dye wool thread using natural dyes as well as weave fabric following their ancient techniques. Finally you enjoy a traditional lunch made by the community women from ingredients organically grown in their fields.
- After lunch our private transport drives us to Ollantaytambo, where we board an afternoon train to Aguas Calientes. The train ride takes you along an absolutely gorgeous route, renowned the world over for its’ beauty. Upon our arrival to Aguas Calientes you are transferred to your hotel.
- Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Visit Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
- Breakfast at the hotel; at 06:00am take first bus to Machu Picchu citadel, you will ride a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site (2,430m/7,972ft) and tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site: an unforgettable experience. Your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets.
- Around 07:30am the guided tour begins, your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom.
- From 10:30am to 12:30pm once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the citadel on your own.
- From 12:30pm to 13:30pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
- From 13:30pm to 15:00pm take lunch at local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Poroy station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.
More about Huchuy Qosqo Trek
More about Machu Picchu
More about Peru Treks