- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
You will be able to join with the families as they perform their daily tasks, like plowing or harvesting, depending on the time of year. You can also participate in an offering to the earth (a rite that honors the earth mother) and enjoy a traditional lunch made by the community women from ingredients organically grown in their fields. In addition, you will see them spin and dye wool thread using natural dyes as well as weave fabric following their ancient techniques.
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- All ground transportation
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Accommodation in Hotel with breakfast included
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Guidance in other languages
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
- This Colorful Andean Village tour offers the chance of visiting one local community that share a rich Andean past.
- Interact with local people and learn a little Quechua language.
- Enjoy a lunch prepared by local women.
- Participate in their daily activities.
PRICES PER PERSON (*)
- 1 person = US$ 203
- 2 people = US$ 125
- 3 people = US$ 108
- 4 people = US$ 93
- 5 to 6 people = US$ 83
- 7 to 8 people = US$ 80
- More than 9 people = US$ 7
* Prices per person in US dollars.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TOUR PACKAGE
|Travel style||PRIVATE TOUR|
|Type of activities||Local Living, Walking.|
|Group size||To suit group requirements.|
|Departure dates||Some easy physical activities included in this trip. No physical preparation is required to make the most of the journey.|
|Trekking grade||Guaranteed departures any day. Departures are available along the year. We do not have fixed departures.|
|Min age||1+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.|
Private tour means, the tour will run exclusively for you without strangers with private guide, vehicle and driver are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends group.
- Day 1
Visit Colorful local Andean Village.
- Pick up from the hotel at 09:00am our private transport drives us to Chinchero archeological site, a quaint little town that houses an important late 1400´s Incan outpost as well as a charming, traditional church. The locals are well-known for their preservation of traditional Andean spinning and weaving techniques. For this reason, they set up a market in the town square to sell their handmade crafts to visitors.
- Then we visit local Andean community of Taucca populated by 20 families and located at an elevation of 3,850 meters. The villagers will share with you their traditional Andean way of life through different activities you can engage in, like weaving demonstrations, plowing with Andean tools, etc. In addition, you will see them spin and dye wool thread using natural dyes as well as weave fabric following their ancient techniques.
- You will enjoy a traditional lunch made by the community women from ingredients organically grown in their fields.
- After lunch we will continue to accompany the villagers to the fields, to participate in agricultural activities according to the time of year. Visitors can know the connection of man and Andean agriculture inherited from their ancestors, using ancient tools like Chaquitaclla, Cuti, Lampa, among others.
- The explanation and demonstration in each process seeks to involve the visitor in direct experience with Mother Earth or Pachamama and understand the relationship of the inhabitants of the community with the Andean universe around them.
- Finally a family will welcome you into their home, and you will enjoy the hot matte of Andean herbs (muña, coca, etc.)
- After the tour we will pick up from the village and transfer to Cusco. Drop-off in your hotel.
- Meals Included: Lunch