- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Behold the lost city of Machu Picchu with all its glory and wonder by Climbing Putucusi Mountain, a sacred place for the Incas. This tour package allows you to take pleasure in breathtaking scenic views of Machu Picchu while standing on a lofty mountain that was reserved by the Incas for religious ceremonies and rituals. With lush green vegetation all around, you can certainly immerse yourself in the mysterious atmospheres and take delight in magnificent views of the lost city of the Incas. attempted by strong and confident people with climbing experience. Require a challenging 1.5-hour climb up the mountain with approximately 1700 wood and rock steps.
*WARNING* climbing Putucusi Mountain to Machu Picchu is currently difficult and should only be attempted by strong and confident people with climbing experience. Require a challenging 1.5-hour climb up the mountain with approximately 1700 wood and rock steps.
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- Accommodation in Hotel with breakfast included
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transportation
- All transfers airport, train station or bus station transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All transfers are assisted by English speaking staff
- Guided tours by local quality English speaking guides
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available)
- Train tickets
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Domestic flight tickets
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Guidance in other languages
- International flight tickets
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation
- Climbing Putucusi Mountain to have a different view of Machu Picchu and collide with clouds.
- Hiking this mountain is considered among the faster non-professional ascent in the world.
- Explore the Lost City’ and witness the ruins with their streets and more.
- Have a feel of the historical glory of Machu Picchu with an overnight at Aguas Calientes
- Explore the regions of Machu Picchu on board a train with a lot colorful from our Land.
- View the beautiful skies of Machu Picchu when the sun lights them up
PRICES PER PERSON (*)
- 1 person = US$ 762
- 2 people = US$ 592
- 3 people = US$ 544
- 4 people = US$ 516
- 5 to 6 people = US$ 503
- 7 to 8 people = US$ 492
- More than 9 people = US$ 485
- Prices per person in US dollars.
- For one person just single room.
- All are based on the number of people traveling together in double, twin or triple room.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TOUR PACKAGE
|Travel style||PRIVATE TOUR|
|Type of activities||Culture & History, Walking.|
|Group size||To suit group requirements.|
|Departure dates||Guaranteed departures any day with one person. Departures are available along the year. The recommended period for this trek is April to November to enjow much this place.|
|Trekking grade||Moderate – you need to be in good health and reasonably fit. A walking day would normally be between 5 to 7 hours long. Some previous experience is required.|
|Min age||10+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.|
Private tour means, the tour will run exclusively for you without strangers with private guide, vehicle and driver are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends group.
- Day 1
- Day 2
Train to Aguas Calientes and Climbing Putucusi Mountain
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 06:30am transfer to Poroy station. You will travel by train to the town of Aguas Calientes, an experience in which you will see the striking scenery of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Upon arrival to Aguas Calientes, our guide will take you to the hotel. You will have lunch with your guide.
- At 12:00pm lunch at local restaurant.
- At 13:00pm you will be picked up by our local representative and then will start the climb to the Putucusi Mountain; climb up an exhilarating mountain that culminates in a spectacular view of the Machu Picchu citadel from the far side of the Vilcanota valley. On ascent appreciate the stark contrast between the mountain cloud forest and the elfin forest, as well as the interesting variation in trees, orchids and birds.
- Return to Aguas Calientes
- Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals included: Lunch, Dinner
Visit Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
- Breakfast at the hotel; at 06:00am take bus to Machu Picchu citadel, you will ride a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site (2,430m/7,972ft) and tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site: an unforgettable experience. Your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets.
- Around 07:30am the guided tour begins, your guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom.
- From 10:30am to 12:00pm once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the site on your own, relax, or meditate.
- From 12:30pm to 13:30pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
- From 13:30pm to 15:00pm take lunch at local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Poroy station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.