TRIP CODE: CMT8D01
TYPE SERVICE: Private Service
TYPE ITINERARY: Fixed
ACTIVITIES: Hiking & Trekking, Cultural & History
DESTINATION:Choquequirao, Machu Picchu
Visit two archaeological sites; Choquequirao and Machu Picchu Trekking
Approximately 83 kilometers that you walk through this trekking; you will walk along the Apurimac river canyon and into the remains of Choquequirao, via the Cordillera Vilcabamba until you finally arrive at the southern edge of Machu Picchu. At first, we will visit Choquequirao’s amazing and recently reinstated Inca citadel, resting on Apurimac Canyon’s edge. We then navigate the Vilcabamba Mountains, trekking above the panoramic passes, from where we can see the gorges, the community life, the ancient terracing and the stunning mountain landscape with huge ice flutes, rock formations and glaciers scattered with crossing streams, cultivated valleys and cloud forests. Lastly, we trek into the cloud forest and the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. This is an ideal program for people wanting to enjoy a blend of mountains and archaeology.
- Hike through Apurimac Canyon.
- The lost Inca fortress of Choquequirao.
- Super trekking in the rugged Peruvian Andes.
- Trek between the premier Inca sites of Peru Choquequirao and Machu Picchu.
- Challenging trekking, Choquequirao—one of Peru’s most dramatic mountain ranges.
- Finish with Machu Picchu, the ultimate Peru holiday.