TRIP CODE: ARM4D01
TYPE SERVICE: Group Service
TYPE ITINERARY: Fixed
ACTIVITIES: Hiking & Trekking, Cultural & History
DESTINATION: Ausangate Mountain, Rainbow Mountain
Trek to the colorful mountains, Ausangate trek to Rainbow Mountain
Furthermore, the camp sites are at the base of the snow mountain around beautiful lakes. You’ll also have a relaxing, rejuvenating hot springs and set eyes upon the trek’s signature, one of a kind Rainbow Mountains! Trek to the colorful mountains in the Vinicunca area will likely be one of the most impressive things you’ll see in all of Peru!
You will have the opportunity to fall into deep admiration of the natural colors of the rarely visited Rainbow Mountain, hiking through some isolated village communities to get a taste of authentic mountain life in Cusco, as well as the opportunity to interact with the locals who still live these fascinating traditions today! You’ll see snowcapped peaks (glaciers), herds of alpacas, and turquoise lakes, all situated along the hike.
- Opportunity to observe local wildlife such as soaring condors, vicunas, bobcats, pumas, llamas, and alpacas.
- Observation of and interaction with local village communities to get a taste of the authentic Andean life.
- Natural wonders! Mineral composed Rainbow Mountain and colorful lakes tinged by the color of the sediment of nearby mountains.
- Stunning views of the Ausangate glacier.
- Expert explanation of the sacred significance of the Rainbow Mountain, as well as a thorough explanation of how these mountains is these striking colors.